The bigger the facility, the bigger the problem it becomes for users of that facility to navigate effortlessly. From the management's perspective, it becomes an even more tedious activity to keep track of not just the usage of space in the facility but the productivity of resources as well.
So, how can we leakage technology to solve these problems?
It has been observed quite often that manual efforts undertaken to manage facilities and resources spread over a large area that can take a lot of time and duplication. Here, the management is at a loss!
The solution to these and other problems lies in using a robust indoor navigation technology, or as it is often known as the indoor GPS!
We have heard of the Global Positioning System (GPS) help millions of people worldwide to access various geographical locations when in doubt. Google has been the pioneer in this through its Maps technology.
But Google Maps works only in the outdoors, in locations where paths are clearly demarcated and landmarks are named.
What about locations where Google Maps or other navigation technologies do not reach? How can people navigate through huge facilities without having to break a sweat?
How can state-of-the-art shopping malls, vast warehouses, expansive parks and resorts, hotels and recreational spaces among others ensure superior facility management?
The answer to this is the new-age technological shift in the form of indoor navigation technology or indoor positioning system. And not just navigation, these apps come with a whole lot of other features.
Read on to know the 7 reasons why decision makers are opting for this technology to manage their facilities better.
1. Mobile-based Technology: There you go! The first reason itself is the largest reason. Having this technology as a mobile application means that accessibility and complicated ways of usage will never be an issue. Anything mobile-based is easily assimilated by today's populace.
2. Real-time Mapping: Imagine having real-time information on whether or not a specific area in the facility is occupied or free … saves a lot of time, right? And time saved is time earned!
3. Workforce collaboration: What if this technology also lets users communicate with each other and organize their time better? That is precisely what this app can do. Pigeon Indoor Positioning and Navigation App is a one of its kind technology which allows efficient collaboration between employees.
While these three reasons are strong enough for large-scale facility heads to invest in this technology, read on for a few more reasons on why adopting the indoor navigation app will become a must in the near future.
4. Productivity Enhancement: Who likes an efficient work that is productive as well as punctual? Well, everyone does. With the indoor navigation technology, management can generate data on user analytics and behavior for better decision making. Whoa!
5. Outdoor to Indoor Mapping: What was purely a recommendation in a research paper published in 2011 is now becoming a reality. Let's suppose you have a visitor or a bunch of them trying to reach you from the airport or another part of the city. With a tap on your mobile you can send the precise location of not only your facility but also your desk. Check!
6. Customized Product Delivery and Service: Well, this is another important reason – what may suit others' business may not suit yours! While this large holds true, indoor navigation systems can be customized to suit the facility and its operations. Making it completely relevant to the nature and dynamics of your business.
7. Simple, User-friendly Interface: This is one feature that we all can not do without. As long as the user-interface is simple and functional, we are sure to go for it as it saves us a lot of time while accomplishing important tasks. As simple as a schoolboy's logic!
Contemporary global trends indicate that managers of intensive facilities are looking for simplified solutions in order to increase space utilization while ensuring productivity of the workforce keeps growing.
Case studies have also given a fair insight of indoor navigation user experience inside a shopping mall.
Indoor navigation systems provide this solution to facility heads. By monitoring the entire facility using real-time data, managers can look forward to making decisions which have a positive impact on their business.
Any facility built-up over a space of 200,000 sqft and more should invest in an indoor navigation app to enable superior facility management.